Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Recovery Run

While my Garmin tells me I did 11.6 miles at a 12:00 pace yesterday, SportTracks tells me it was 12.21, at 11:29 pace. Either way, it was the most consecutive miles I had done in . . . . . . . ummmmmm, 3.5 years? On November 25th, we ran 13 miles for Joel's birthday, but that was 5 miles, 10 minute break, 5 miles, 3 hour break, 3 miles, and all roads, all flat. Before that, I had done at least 11 in August, 5 in the Marine Mud Challenge, then 6 or so on the hash that afternoon, once again, there was a break. Before that, it was probably my half-marathons in 2006. Those were both sub 10:00's, one flat, one hilly, but doing 11:30 for 12 miles felt pretty good, especially considering the severity of the trails. And I was consciously taking it slow, to get the distance in.

Anyways, decided to follow that up with the weekly Tuesday run at the Whitewater Center. Temperature was below 30, and with only 3 miles of running, my legs never really warmed up. Part of that was probably the fatigue from yesterday, definitely makes a difference, but I still managed 11:00/mi, and didn't injure myself. Eyes wouldn't stop tearing up from the cold, should have worn glasses to shield them.

So I'm up to 15 miles in 2 days of running this week. Taking Wednesday off, probably running on Thursday, not sure on Friday, then a mid run on Saturday, possibly barefoot running before the hash on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment